The hype on leaving Kiddoland

Don't know why, recently the thought of leaving Kiddoland has not only struck me, but also struck many of my colleagues. Today, JL just shared about her desperation to leave. Haha... And the moment I go on to Internet at home, I saw this on my homepage. "10 signs it's time to quit your job". Is it predestined? Haha... Let me go through the 10 signs based on my situation.

(1) You aren't learning anything new
Out of the 100+ hours of workshop/courses/briefing we clocked a year, I think at most only 1 hour of it is useful. The rest are just there for the sake of keeping us occupied.

(2) You never have a day when you wake up excited to go to work
This is not very true. I feel excited only on days when I know I am going to see my kiddos the whole day, instead of seeing the KiddoLeaders on some afternoons for useless meanings.

(3) You spend more time surfing the web than doing your job
Hmm... This is not true as well. I've got no time at all to surf net at work! The only time I have when I get to touch my laptop is to prepare lessons, print lesson materials, and check emails.

(4) You don't like most of your coworkers
True to a certain extent. I don't like most of those from other departments, and very few of those from my own department. Basically, most of my colleagues from my department are on my list of 好人. Wahahaha...

(5) You aren't making enough money to pay your bills
Money is never enough. I think money is enough as long as it's enough for our survival and day to day needs. So, I think my salary now is still quite ok, of course, can be better. Hahahaha...

(6) You spend time looking for other jobs
I am indeed looking for other opportunities, but definitely in the same field of business. I still love kiddos!!!

(7) You haven't gotten a raise in the last 2 years
Not true. I've been getting what I ought to get. Though considered mediocre, but better than nothing. Be thankful!

(8) Your Boss sucks
Do I have to elaborate on this? I should correct this statement. My Boss-essssssss sucks. But don't tell me to climb to a position to get back at them, coz I do not want to be like them at all. There's such thing called "Karma" in this world.

(9) The Company isn't doing well
I guess so. But not until the point where it's closing down.... Yet!

(10) You are stressed all the time
I'm super stress all the time. Everyday at Kiddoland feels like a battlefield.

So, there you are, my 10 signs.

So, should I leave? Should I leave? Should I leave? Haha...

2 comments:

  kai

April 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM

minni you really thinking of leaving ah? but what will you be doing after leaving the service?

  Minni

April 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM

give tuition, or do adjunct lor. I've calculated already, with the workload and rubbish I'm having everyday, I can earn better by giving tuition. Haha... I don't mind earning lesser, I just cannot stand the rubbish in Kiddoland already. Unless unless, they let me transfer. Hehe...